You have an important mission and are doing work that makes a real difference for young people. Whether you’re a nonprofit organization, a government agency, or a company working for positive social change, you deserve to have the support you need to put that mission into action in the most impactful way possible.
Helping You Make An Impact
At Education Policy Strategies, our goal is to empower you with the tools and knowledge you need to confidently engage on the education policy issues that matter most to you. Whether you’re a seasoned pro, or just dipping your toe into the policy world for the first time, our continuum of services is designed to meet you right where you are to help you maximize your impact.
Committed To Systems Change
Our clients are purpose-driven, forward-thinking, and committed to the fundamental belief that all students can succeed given the right opportunities, resources, and support. We work with clients to address equity and justice, to change systems, and to break down barriers to education for all students while recognizing the importance of ongoing collaboration to create and sustain change.
Whether you’re looking to better understand the policy landscape, align policy priorities to your mission, advocate for change, or infuse K-12 education policy expertise into your work, we can help you make it happen.
Explore Our Services
Policy Strategy Roadmapping
Policy Strategy Roadmapping helps us lay a solid foundation for our work together from the outset, providing focused direction and a clear path forward.
Without a clear vision and action plan from which to build and implement your education policy strategy, you may falter in reaching your goals.
- If you are relatively new to education policy, you may find yourself passionate about the work, but overwhelmed by all of the opportunities, potential decisions, and people you need to connect with. The Policy Strategy Roadmap gives you a clear understanding of outcomes that we can achieve together.
- Nonprofit leaders need to make the case to funders and boards for their budget. Policy Strategy Roadmapping will help you understand and communicate the scope and cost of a strategic initiative.
- Client-consultant relationships can end in frustration and disappointment when goals, roles, and project scope are not clearly defined. If you are already engaged in education policy and ready to bring on additional capacity, action planning gets us all on the same page and sets us all up for success with a clear vision, plan, and budget for how we could work together.
Our Approach To Policy Strategy Roadmapping
Our thorough understanding of what makes education policy efforts effective allows us to guide you through the foundational steps in the process so that you can thoroughly understand your options for next steps, and what an effective strategy might look like given your unique policy impact goals.
How We Help
In the Policy Strategy Roadmapping process, we will work with you to prepare high-level recommendations for how your organization can maximize its impact through policy. We will meet with you and carefully review information that you provide about your organization, including any current or previous engagement in education policy conversations. We will discuss your specific context, your goals and hopes for policy, and the challenges you face to achieving them.
At the end of the process, we will provide you with personalized recommendations and action steps you can take to meaningfully and impactfully engage in education policy work. We will help you to understand which steps you can take within your existing capacity, as well as what it would look like to multiply your impact with additional capacity.
Ready to get started?
Here’s what we need from you:
1. Sign Up For Policy Strategy Roadmapping
We’ll send you a questionnaire to better understand your organization, your work, your context, your goals, your capacity, the challenges and opportunities you face, and any existing or past plans, strategies, and policy work.
2. Complete The Roadmapping Questionnaire
Please allow 3-4 hours to work on the questionnaire. Once we have received your answers, we will carefully review them and formulate questions and draft recommendations to discuss in our consultation.
3. Schedule Your Roadmapping Consultation
In our consultation, we will ask you to elaborate on the information you’ve provided to clarify our own understanding and assumptions about your work, and hone in on your goals for education policy impact. This call is all about you– understanding the nature of your work and the population you serve, how you do the work, and your assets and capacity needs.
Policy Strategy Roadmapping Investment