After two decades of service to non-profit advocacy organizations and the legislative and executive branches of the Federal government, I’m excited to launch my own freelance consultancy, Education Policy Strategies, LLC.
I help forward-thinking organizations, coalitions, and leaders make sense of the complex federal and state K-12 education policy landscape.
I am a nationally-recognized expert in policies to transform our K-12 education systems to equip students for the future. I have helped state legislators, Congressional aides, and advocacy leaders across the country craft sound, equitable policy for personalized, competency-based learning.
My areas of expertise in education policy– at both the state and federal levels– include:
- Competency-based education
- Personalized learning
- Blended Learning
- Online Learning
- Next generation accountability
- Innovative systems of assessments
- New definitions of success
- The Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA)/ Elementary and Secondary Education Act of 1965 (ESEA)
- CARES Act (Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and
- Economic Security Act) funding for remote learning
My services include policy research and analysis, policy advocacy and strategy, leadership development, and training.
I’m a lifelong learner and a systems thinker looking to collaborate with leaders and organizations working to dismantle inequitable and racist education systems and build a better, more equitable and inclusive future for students.